Former Prosecutor Providing Aggressive Defense
After being admitted to the Illinois Bar in May 1996, attorney Michael Olewinski worked on a variety of legal matters involving civil litigation, municipal law and criminal defense. In 2002, Mr. Olewinski was appointed to the position of Assistant State's Attorney for Will County. Thereafter, he worked as a supervisor of the DUI and Traffic Division of the La Salle County State's Attorney's Office, then was promoted to prosecuting both felony and misdemeanor cases. With his vast legal experience as a prosecutor, Mr. Olewinski learned what it was like to successfully prosecute people and put them behind bars. With this insightful legal perspective, Mr. Olewinski is able to successfully defend his clients aggressively with all aspects of their case under consideration.
At the Law Office of Michael Olewinski, attorney Michael Olewinski focuses his practice on criminal defense matters, particularly DUI and traffic charges as well as felony and misdemeanor cases. However, with 20 years of experience, Mr. Olewinski has handled more than just criminal defense matters. In fact, he also represents people in civil litigation, personal injury, governmental, election and real estate law, including zoning matters and residential or commercial real estate closings.
- State of Illinois, May 1996
- Federal District Court of Northern District of Illinois, 1996
- John Marshall Law School, Juris Doctor 1995
- Illinois State University, B.S. 1986
- Moraine Valley Community College, A.S. 1984
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Grundy County Bar Association (Past President)
- La Salle County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Advocate's Society
- Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys - Lifetime Member
- Board of directors for the Girl Scouts of Trailways Council
- Morris Kiwanis Club
- Fundraising Committee for Prairie State Legal Services
- Member of the Grundy County 100 Club
- Volunteer coach for the Little Redskin Wrestling Club
- Assistant Mazon little league baseball coach
- Troop master for the Mazon Boy Scouts.
Located in downtown Morris, Illinois, the Law Office of Michael Olewinski is conveniently situated just a couple of blocks from the Grundy County Courthouse inside the Morris Building and Loan. Attorney Michael Olewinski offers great legal service, and he has successfully handled many criminal defense cases. With 20 years of experience, you can be confident that Mr. Olewinski will help you protect and defend your rights.
Contact Michael Olewinski today for a free initial consultation at 815-942-5291